We have, for many years, been verifying the energy efficiency of every home we build with an EnerGuide Energy Efficiency Evaluation Report and official label. It is conducted by an independent third party through the use of computer modelling and an on site blower door test. This shows the home owner exactly how energy efficient the home is compared to other homes. This “EnerGuide” testing is one more assurance of your best value for your energy dollar.
Typical energy efficiency measures for French’s Fine Homes include:
- heat recovery ventilators (HRV’s) as a required part of your air management system.
- high efficiency heating systems as applicable to your location.
- furnaces with a 4″ pleated media filter for improved indoor air quality.
- minimum of R50 attic insulation.
- R30 exterior walls of 2 x 6 construction enveloped with 1.4″ rigid foam to reduce thermal bridging.
- full height basement wall insulation
- windows with Low Emissivity coating, Argon gas fill and warm-edge spacers between glass layers.
- better draft sealing.
- blower door test to identify any possible air leakage points.